Auditions are required for all Burklyn Ballet Theatre programs. A single audition covers all programs. Auditions for our 2021 Season will be virtual via Zoom during January and February. During this time of uncertainty we want to do everything we can to keep people safe and help artists get back to the studio and theaters. Pre-recorded video auditions are accepted at anytime.
Even if you are unable to attend Burklyn Ballet Summer Intensive 2021 in Vermont, come take virtual class with us. Our Virtual Auditions are also Master Classes! Fill out the Online Registration Form, submit payment and choose “To Take Master Class” under the first question “I would like to be considered for…”
Each Zoom Online Audition will include an administrator, an instructor, and at least one observer. Each audition will be recorded so that they can be reviewed. The audition will consist of a full class with pointe work at the end. We will take space constraints into consideration. We will notify you of audition results within a week of the auditions. Summer enrollment will be reserved with a deposit and will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- STEP 1 – Find a class that fits into your schedule below. Classes are limited. Registration closes 24 hours before each class.
- STEP 2 – Fill out our Virtual Online Registration Form.
- STEP 3 – Make your $30 Audition/Class Fee payment using our Secure PayPal Checkout. Debit, Credit, or PayPal accepted.
- STEP 4 – You will receive your zoom code via email. Sign in 15-20 minutes before the start of the audition. Make sure that the name on your zoom matches the one on your audition application. Make sure your camera shows a full view and you can be seen clearly. Photos, bios and recommendations not required.
- STEP 5 – Enjoy class! Listen, follow instructions and ask any questions you might have!
- STEP 6 – Grab your parents and join us for a Q&A immediately following the audition for answers to your questions.
AUDITION/MASTER CLASS SCHEDULE
All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Sunday 1/10 4pm
Saturday 1/16 11am
Sunday 1/17 Intermediate 1:00pm
Sunday 1/17 4pm
Saturday 1/24 Intermediate 1:00pm
Sunday 1/24 4pm
Saturday 1/30 11am
Sunday 1/31 4pm
Saturday 2/6 2pm
Sunday 2/7 Intermediate 1:00pm
Sunday 2/7 4pm
Monday 2/8 5pm
Saturday 2/13 4pm
Sunday 2/14 2pm
Friday 2/19 5pm
Saturday 2/20 11am
Saturday 2/20 Intermediate 2:00pm
Sunday 2/21 4pm
Saturday 2/27 Intermediate 1:00pm
Saturday 2/27 4:00pm
Sunday 2/28 2:00pm
Use our secure PayPal Checkout to pay your $30 Class Fee at least 24 hours before your confirmed audition time.
If you cannot attend a Zoom Virtual Audition for Burklyn Ballet Theatre, you are welcome to submit you own video but we want to give you a chance to experience our teachers and get an idea of the atmosphere at Burklyn.
Please follow the directions below and make sure that your video is sent to our New Jersey address. Please note, many of our sessions fill quickly once our audition tour begins.
Your video should not exceed 15 minutes in length. DVD format is preferred. Please label your video with your name and your name, address, phone number, age and studio. Please remember the $30.00 audition fee payable to BBT.
You can create your own combinations both at the barre and in the centre, but please stick to the following format.
START TAPE BY STATING YOUR NAME AND AGE
- With left hand on barre: Pliés with ports de bras in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th
- With right hand on barre: Tendu with demi pliés
- With left hand on barre: Tendu and dégagés
- With right hand on barre: Ronde de Jambe en dehors and en dedans
- With left hand on barre: Dévelopé and fondu en croix, finish with an arabesque penché on demi-pointe.
- With right hand on barre: Grande Battement en croix
- Pirouettes en dehors and en dedans
- Petit allegro
- Grand allegro
- Women pointe work: échappé, soussus, relevé passé, bourres, soutenu, châinés, piqué turns, piqué 1st arabesque OR Men’s work: batterie, grande pirouette, tour en l’air
Send video with application form and $30 payment to:
Burklyn Ballet Theatre
P.O. Box 923
Denville, NJ 07834-0923
- Ages 12 – 25
- Pre-Professional Dancer
- 3 Technique Classes/Day & Rehearsals
- Weekly Theater Performance
- 2-6 Weeks
- Ages 10 – 12
- Intermediate Dancer
- 2 Technique Classes/Day & Rehearsals
- End of Session Performance
- 2 Weeks
- Mentored Choreographer Training
- Limited to 6 Dancers
- Ages 14 and Above
- Travel to Scotland
- Perform at Festival Fringe
- Limited to 25 Dancers
- 4 Week Minimum Program Required in VT
Use our secure PayPal Checkout to pay your $30 Audition Fee at least 24 hours before your confirmed audition time.
Virtual Class Guidelines
- Please wear pink tights and the same leotard and hairstyle through the entire audition. Please consider your space when choosing your attire, avoid blending into your surroundings.
- If you are auditioning in the same room as another person please wear different leotards and wear large numbers.
- At the beginning of class you may be asked to introduce herself.
- You may take as many audition/master classes as you like provided there is room.
- Intermediate dancers may take ANY audition. We suggest that 11 year olds who will be 12 during the program and wish to be considered for the main program take the main program audition.
- We understand that virtual auditions leave room for technical mishaps. Please communicate with us if you leave an audition early or have a problem signing on.
- Please bear with the audition process. We may ask you to repeat things or to wait for your turn in a group.
- Please keep your microphone muted and be as professional as possible.
- Stay on camera throughout the entire audition. There will be a break between the barre, center and pointe work.
Burklyn Ballet Theatre offers a limited number of scholarships ranging from $100 to $500. Dancers are automatically considered for talent-based scholarships during the audition. No separate application is necessary. Scholarship notifications are sent out throughout auditions.