Auditions are required for all Burklyn Ballet Theatre programs. A single audition covers all programs. Auditions are held throughout the United States between January and April. Students are evaluated on talent, training, performance ability, and attitude. Host an audition in your hometown! Video auditions are also accepted. Details below.
2018 Audition Cities & Dates
Pre-Registration is required. Please complete our Online Pre-Registration Form 48 hours prior to the audition you will attend.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/burklyn.ballet/ and see what’s new with BBT.
|Date||Studio Name||State||Audition Time||Address||City||Zip Code||Website|
|12/03/17||Delta Festival Ballet||LA||9:00-10:30. Registration begins at 8:30am.||3351 Servern Ave||Metairie||70002||http://www.deltafestivalballet.com|
|01/04/18||Brattleboro School of Dance||VT||6:00 - 8:00 pm||22 High Street||Brattleboro||05301||http://brattleboroschoolofdance.comoolofdance.com|
|01/07/18||St. Paul's School||NH||2:00 - 4:00 pm||325 Pleasant Street||Concord||03331||http://www.sps.edu/dance|
|01/07/18||Ballet Academy of Texas||TX||1:00 BBT + 3:00 INT||145 Fitness Court||Coppell||75019||http://balletacademyoftexas.com|
|1/12-14/18||COCA||MO||9:00 - 5:00 pm||524 Trinity Avenue||St. Louis||63130||http://www.cocastl.org|
|01/13/18||Boston Ballet||MA||2:30 - 4:00 pm||19 Clarendon Street||Boston||02116||https://www.bostonballet.org/home.aspx|
|01/14/18||South Shore Conservatory||MA||12:00 - 2:00 pm||64 St. George Street P.O. Box 1523||Duxbury||02331||http://sscmusic.org|
|01/14/18||Pacific Northwest Ballet||WA||10:00 - 11:30 am||301 Mercer Street||Seattle||98109||https://www.pnb.org|
|01/20/18||Performing Arts Workshop||CA||2:00 - 4:00 pm||1465 Encinitas BLVD, A 102||Encinita||92024||http://www.dancepaw.com|
|1/26/18||Vineland Regional Dance CO||NJ||6:00 - 8:00 pm||2388 North East Avenue||Vineland||08360||http://www.vrdc.org|
|01/27/18||The Studio Cooperative||MD||2:00 - 4:00 pm||10400 Odonnell Pl #201||Waldorf||20603||http://www.thestudiocooperative.org/#Fri|
|01/28/18||Maryland School of Dance||MD||3:00 - 5:00 pm||11711-B Parklawn Drive||Rockville||20852||http://www.marylandschoolofdance.org|
|02/04/18||Dublin Dance Center||OH||2:00 - 4:00 pm||2665 Farmer's Dr||Columbus||43235||http://www.dublindance.com|
|02/18/18||Boston Ballet - Newton Studio||MA||2:00 - 4:00 pm||863 Washington Street||Newtonville||02460||http://www.bostonballet.org/school.html|
|03/03/18||New York Theatre Ballet||NY||4:30 - 6:30 pm||131 East 10th Street, 2nd FL||New York||10003||http://nytb.org|
|TBA||American Academy of Dance||TX||TBA||15775 Bammel Village Drive||Houston||77014||http://www.balletonline.com|
|TBA||Dance Fremont!||WA||TBA||4015 Stone Way N||Seattle||98103||https://dancefremont.com|
|TBA||Ballet Chelsea||MI||TBA||PO Box 591 1050 S. Main Street||Chelsea||48118||http://balletchelsea.org|
|TBA||Fusion 802||VT||TBA||1881 Williston Road||South Burlington||05403||http://dancefusion802.com|
|TBA||Greensboro Ballet||NC||TBA||200 N. Davie St, #12||Greensboro||27401||http://www.greensboroballet.org|
|TBA||Huntingdon Dance Academy||PA||TBA||501 Penn Street||Huntingdon||16652||http://www.huntingdondance.comhttp://www.huntingdondance.com|
|TBA||Carolina Dance Center||NC||TBA||9109 Leesville Rd||Raleigh||27613||http://www.carolinadancecenter.com|
|TBA||Midland Festival Ballet||TX||TBA||4410 North Midkiff St, Suite C-1||Midland||79705||http://www.midlandfestivalballet.org|
|TBA||New England Dance Arts/New England Ballet Company||CT||TBA||130 Elm Street||Bridgeport||06604||http://www.newenglanddancearts.com|
|TBA||Charleston Ballet Center for Dance Coastal Ballet USA||SC||TBA||497 La Mesa Road, Suite D&E||Mount Pleasant||29464||http://charlestonballet.com|
|TBA||Western Arkansas Ballet||AR||TBA||4701 Grand Avenue||Fort Smith||72904||http://waballet.org|
|TBA||Dance Dimensions||FL||TBA||4801 N Dixie Highway||Fort Lauderdale||33334||http://www.dancedimensionsonline.com|
|TBA||Victoria Ballet Theatre - Busby Dancenter||TX||TBA||2508 Mockingbird Lande||Victoria||77904||http://www.victoriaballet.org|
|TBA||Vail Valley Academy of Dance||CO||TBA||210 Edwards Village Blvd||Edwards||81632||http://www.vvad.net|
|TBA||Tucson Regional Ballet||AZ||TBA||2100 North Wilmot, Suite 302||Tucson||85712||https://www.tucsonregionalballet.org|
|TBA||Corpus Christi Concert Ballet||TX||TBA||3446 S Alameda Street||Corpus Christi||78411||http://www.concertballet.net|
|TBA||Connecticut Concert Ballet||CT||TBA||280 Garden Grove Road||Manchester||06040||http://www.ctconcertballet.org|
|TBA||Colorado Ballet||CO||TBA||1075 Santa Fe Drive||Denver||80204||http://www.coloradoballet.org|
|TBA||San Antonio Metropolitan Ballet||TX||TBA||2800 NE Loop 410 Ste 307||San Antonio||78218||http://balletchelsea.org|
|TBA||Richter Academy of Classical Dance||CA||TBA||22661 Lambert Street, Ste 204||Lake Forest||92630||http://www.richteracademy.org|
|TBA||Coffee Mill Dance Studio||FL||TBA||3340 North Roosevelt Blvd. #2||Key West||33040||http://www.coffeemilldance.com|
|TBA||Ballet Theatre of Phoenix||AZ||TBA||2326 E. Indian School Road||Phoenix||85016||http://www.ballettheatreofphx.org|
Sometimes it is not possible to attend a personal audition for Burklyn Ballet Theatre and it is necessary to make a video instead.
Please follow the directions below and make sure that your video is sent to our New Jersey address. Please note, many of our sessions fill quickly once our audition tour begins.
Your video should not exceed 15 minutes in length. DVD format is preferred. Please label your video with your name and your name, address, phone number, age and studio. Please remember the $30.00 audition fee payable to BBT.
You can create your own combinations both at the barre and in the centre, but please stick to the following format.
START TAPE BY STATING YOUR NAME AND AGE
- With left hand on barre: Pliés with ports de bras in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th
- With right hand on barre: Tendu with demi pliés
- With left hand on barre: Tendu and dégagés
- With right hand on barre: Ronde de Jambe en dehors and en dedans
- With left hand on barre: Dévelopé and fondu en croix, finish with an arabesque penché on demi-pointe.
- With right hand on barre: Grande Battement en croix
- Pirouettes en dehors and en dedans
- Petit allegro
- Grand allegro
- Women pointe work: échappé, soussus, relevé passé, bourres, soutenu, châinés, piqué turns, piqué 1st arabesque OR Men’s work: batterie, grande pirouette, tour en l’air
Send video with application form and $30 payment to:
Burklyn Ballet Theatre
P.O. Box 923
Denville, NJ 07834-0923
Each year in December, Burklyn Ballet Theatre begins its International Audition Tour. If your school would like to host an audition at its studio, please contact the office at 1-877-287-5596 for details.
The Hosting Process includes:
- A master class for your students conducted by a member of Burklyn Ballet’s artistic staff.
- A BBT summer program question and answer session for interested parents and students.
- The opportunity to invite outside students to your school.
- Advertisement on Burklyn’s website and social media sites.
Requirements of a Host School:
- A dance studio with a suitable dance floor, mirrors and ballet barres for the audition class and question and answer session.
- Sound system or piano and accompanist.
- Lobby space for sign-in and registration.
- Minimum 8-10 interested dancers.
- There is no cost associated with hosting an audition, but each dancer is required to pay the $30 audition fee to BBT.
To learn more, view our PROGRAM INFORMATION PDF
Enter your zip code or turn on location services. Click a Map Marker or “More Info” to view audition date and time, directions and studio URL. Let us know you are coming! Complete our Online Pre-Registration Form
- Auditions begin in December
- Let us know you are coming! Complete our Online Pre-Registration Form
- Download and complete Application Form
- Print a copy of your completed form to bring with you
- $30 fee payable to BBT due at time of Audition Class – No Credit/ Debit or electronic payments
- Photos, bios and recommendations not required
- Arrive 30 minutes early
- Class is 1.5 to 2 hours depending on attendance
- Intermediate-Advanced Level Class
- Includes Pointe Work and Men’s Steps
- Intermediate Program dancers must be 10 before 01-Jan of the year they are attending
- Some cities have separate Intermediate Program auditions (I)
- If city listing does not indicate (I) then ages 10-12 attend regular audition class
- 12 year old dancers will be accepted into the program best suited for them
- Dancers will be notified of acceptance by email within two weeks following the audition
- Dancers are automatically considered for talent-based scholarships during the audition
- Scholarship notifications are sent out throughout the audition tour by email
- Dancers are also chosen for The Edinburgh Connection at these regular auditions
Burklyn Ballet Theatre offers a limited number of scholarships ranging from $100 to $500. Dancers are automatically considered for talent-based scholarships during the audition. No separate application is necessary. Scholarship notifications are sent out throughout the audition tour.
- Ages 12 – 25
- Pre-Professional Dancer
- 3 Technique Classes/Day & Rehearsals
- Weekly Theater Performance
- 2-6 Weeks
- Ages 10 – 12
- Intermediate Dancer
- 2 Technique Classes/Day & Rehearsals
- End of Session Performance
- 2 Weeks
- Mentored Choreographer Training
- Limited to 6 Dancers
- Ages 15 and Above
- Travel to Scotland
- Perform at Festival Fringe
- Limited to 25 Dancers
- 4 Week Minimum Program Required in VT