Auditions are required for all Burklyn Ballet Theatre programs. A single audition covers all programs. Auditions are held throughout the United States between January and April. Students are evaluated on talent, training, performance ability, and attitude. Host an audition in your hometown! Video auditions are also accepted. Details below.
2019 Audition Cities & Dates
Pre-Registration is required. Please complete our Online Pre-Registration Form 48 hours prior to the audition you will attend.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/burklyn.ballet/ and see what’s new with BBT.
3/17/19 Dublin Dance Center OH. 2:00-4:00. 2665 Farmer’s Dr, Columbus, OH 43235.
Our 2019 tour is coming to an end but don’t forget there’s still time… you can submit a video application!
Sometimes it is not possible to attend a personal audition for Burklyn Ballet Theatre and it is necessary to make a video instead.
Please follow the directions below and make sure that your video is sent to our New Jersey address. Please note, many of our sessions fill quickly once our audition tour begins.
Your video should not exceed 15 minutes in length. DVD format is preferred. Please label your video with your name and your name, address, phone number, age and studio. Please remember the $30.00 audition fee payable to BBT.
You can create your own combinations both at the barre and in the centre, but please stick to the following format.
START TAPE BY STATING YOUR NAME AND AGE
- With left hand on barre: Pliés with ports de bras in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th
- With right hand on barre: Tendu with demi pliés
- With left hand on barre: Tendu and dégagés
- With right hand on barre: Ronde de Jambe en dehors and en dedans
- With left hand on barre: Dévelopé and fondu en croix, finish with an arabesque penché on demi-pointe.
- With right hand on barre: Grande Battement en croix
- Pirouettes en dehors and en dedans
- Petit allegro
- Grand allegro
- Women pointe work: échappé, soussus, relevé passé, bourres, soutenu, châinés, piqué turns, piqué 1st arabesque OR Men’s work: batterie, grande pirouette, tour en l’air
Send video with application form and $30 payment to:
Burklyn Ballet Theatre
P.O. Box 923
Denville, NJ 07834-0923
Each year in December, Burklyn Ballet Theatre begins its International Audition Tour. If your school would like to host an audition at its studio, please contact the office at 1-877-287-5596 for details.
The Hosting Process includes:
- A master class for your students conducted by a member of Burklyn Ballet’s artistic staff.
- A BBT summer program question and answer session for interested parents and students.
- The opportunity to invite outside students to your school.
- Advertisement on Burklyn’s website and social media sites.
Requirements of a Host School:
- A dance studio with a suitable dance floor, mirrors and ballet barres for the audition class and question and answer session.
- Sound system or piano and accompanist.
- Lobby space for sign-in and registration.
- Minimum 8-10 interested dancers.
- There is no cost associated with hosting an audition, but each dancer is required to pay the $30 audition fee to BBT.
To learn more, view our PROGRAM INFORMATION PDF
Let us know you are coming! Complete our Online Pre-Registration Form
- Auditions begin in December
- Let us know you are coming! Complete our Online Pre-Registration Form
- Download and complete Application Form
- Print a copy of your completed form to bring with you
- $30 fee payable to BBT due at time of Audition Class – No Credit/ Debit or electronic payments
- Photos, bios and recommendations not required
- Arrive 30 minutes early
- Class is 1.5 to 2 hours depending on attendance
- Intermediate-Advanced Level Class
- Includes Pointe Work and Men’s Steps
- Intermediate Program dancers must be 10 before 01-Jan of the year they are attending
- Some cities have separate Intermediate Program auditions (INT)
- If city listing does not indicate (INT) then ages 10-12 attend regular audition class
- 12 year old dancers will be accepted into the program best suited for them
- Dancers will be notified of acceptance by email within two weeks following the audition
- Dancers are automatically considered for talent-based scholarships during the audition
- Scholarship notifications are sent out throughout the audition tour by email
- Dancers are also chosen for The Edinburgh Connection at these regular auditions
Burklyn Ballet Theatre offers a limited number of scholarships ranging from $100 to $500. Dancers are automatically considered for talent-based scholarships during the audition. No separate application is necessary. Scholarship notifications are sent out throughout the audition tour.
- Ages 12 – 25
- Pre-Professional Dancer
- 3 Technique Classes/Day & Rehearsals
- Weekly Theater Performance
- 2-6 Weeks
- Ages 10 – 12
- Intermediate Dancer
- 2 Technique Classes/Day & Rehearsals
- End of Session Performance
- 2 Weeks
- Mentored Choreographer Training
- Limited to 6 Dancers
- Ages 14 and Above
- Travel to Scotland
- Perform at Festival Fringe
- Limited to 25 Dancers
- 4 Week Minimum Program Required in VT